The H7A5EM26B7CT (256M-bit) Serial Flash provides a storage solution for systems with limited space, pins and power. The product offers flexibility and performance well beyond ordinary Serial Flash devices. They are ideal for code shadowing to RAM, executing code directly from Dual/Quad SPI (XIP) and storing voice, text and data. The device operates on a single 2.7V to 3.6V power supply with current consumption as low as 1μA for power-down. All devices are offered in space-saving packages.
The H7A5EM26B7CT array is organized into 131,072 programmable pages of 256-bytes each. Up to 256 bytes can be programmed at a time. Pages can be erased in groups of 16 (4KB sector erase), groups of 128 (32KB block erase), groups of 256 (64KB block erase) or the entire chip (chip erase). The H7A5EM26B7CT has 8,192 erasable sectors and 512 erasable blocks respectively. The small 4KB sectors allow for greater flexibility in applications that require data and parameter storage.
The H7A5EM26B7CT support the standard Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI), Dual/Quad I/O SPI as well as 2-clocks instruction cycle Quad Peripheral Interface (QPI): Serial Clock, Chip Select, Serial Data I/O0 (DI), I/O1 (DO), I/O2 (/WP), and I/O3 (/HOLD). SPI clock frequencies of up to 104MHz are supported allowing equivalent clock rates of 208MHz (104MHz x 2) for Dual I/O and 416MHz (104MHz x 4) for Quad I/O when using the Fast Read Dual/Quad I/O instructions. These transfer rates can outperform standard Asynchronous 8 and 16-bit Parallel Flash memories. The Continuous Read Mode allows for efficient memory access with as few as 8-clocks of instruction-overhead to read a 24-bit address, allowing true XIP (execute in place) operation.
A Hold pin, Write Protect pin and programmable write protection, with top or bottom array control, provide further control flexibility. Additionally, device supports JEDEC standard manufacturer and device ID, a 64-bit Unique Serial Number and three 256-bytes Security Registers.
Highest Performance Serial NOR Flash
– 104MHz Single, Dual/Quad SPI clocks
– 208/416MHz equivalent Dual/Quad SPI
– 50MB/S continuous data transfer rate
– More than 100,000 erase/program cycles
– More than 20-year data retention
Efficient “Continuous Read”
– Continuous Read with 8/16/32/64-Byte Wrap
– As few as 8 clocks to address memory
– Quad Peripheral Interface (QPI) reduces instruction overhead
– Allows true XIP (execute in place) operation
– Outperforms X16 Parallel Flash
Low Power, Wide Temperature Range
– Single 2.7 to 3.6V supply
– <1μA Power-down (typ.)
Flexible Architecture with 4KB sectors
– Uniform Sector/Block Erase (4K/32K/64K-Byte)
– Program 1 to 256 byte per programmable page
– Erase/Program Suspend & Resume
Advanced Security Features
– Software and Hardware Write-Protect
– Power Supply Lock-Down and OTP protection
– Top/Bottom, Complement array protection
– Individual Block/Sector array protection
– 64-Bit Unique ID for each device
– Discoverable Parameters (SFDP) Register
– 3X256-Bytes Security Registers with OTP locks
– Volatile & Non-volatile Status Register Bits