The H7A5DM26BACT (128M-bit) Serial Flash provides a storage solution for systems with limited space, pins and power. The product offers flexibility and performance well beyond ordinary Serial Flash devices. They are ideal for code shadowing to RAM, executing code directly from Dual/Quad SPI (XIP) and storing voice, text and data. The device operates on a single 2.7V to 3.6V power supply with current consumption as low as 4mA active and 1μA for power-down. All devices are offered in space-saving packages.
The H7A5DM26BACT array is organized into 65,536 programmable pages of 256-bytes each. Up to 256 bytes can be programmed at a time. Pages can be erased in groups of 16 (4KB sector erase), groups of 128 (32KB block erase), groups of 256 (64KB block erase) or the entire chip (chip erase). The H7A5DM26BACT has 4,096 erasable sectors and 256 erasable blocks respectively. The small 4KB sectors allow for greater flexibility in applications that require data and parameter storage.
The H7A5DM26BACT support the standard Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI), Dual/Quad I/O SPI as well as 2-clocks instruction cycle Quad Peripheral Interface (QPI): Serial Clock, Chip Select, Serial I/O2 (/WP), and I/O3 (/HOLD). SPI clock frequencies of up to 1 Data I/O0 (DI), I/O1 (DO), 04MHz are supported allowing equivalent clock rates of 208MHz (104MHz x 2) for Dual I/O and 416MHz (104MHz x 4) for Quad I/O when using the Fast Read Dual/Quad I/O and QPI instructions. These transfer rates can outperform standard Asynchronous 8 and 16-bit Parallel Flash memories. The Continuous Read Mode allows for efficient memory access with as few as 8-clocks of instruction-overhead to read a 24-bit address, allowing true XIP (execute in place) operation.
A Hold pin, Write Protect pin and programmable write protection, with top or bottom array control, provide further control flexibility. Additionally, device supports JEDEC standard manufacturer and device ID, a 64-bit Unique Serial Number and three 256-bytes Security Registers.
Highest Performance Serial NOR Flash
– 104MHz Single, Dual/Quad SPI clocks
– 208/416MHz equivalent Dual/Quad SPI
– 50MB/S continuous data transfer rate
– More than 100,000 erase/program cycles
– More than 20-year data retention
Efficient “Continuous Read” and QPI Mode
– Continuous Read with 8/16/32/64-Byte Wrap
– As few as 8 clocks to address memory
– Quad Peripheral Interface (QPI) reduces instruction overhead
– Allows true XIP (execute in place) operation
– Outperforms X16 Parallel Flash
Low Power, Wide Temperature Range
– Single 2.7 to 3.6V supply
– 4mA active current, <1μA Power-down (typ.)
Flexible Architecture with 4KB sectors
– Uniform Sector/Block Erase (4K/32K/64K-Byte)
– Program 1 to 256 byte per programmable page
– Erase/Program Suspend & Resume
Advanced Security Features
– Software and Hardware Write-Protect
– Power Supply Lock-Down and OTP protection
– Top/Bottom, Complement array protection
– Individual Block/Sector array protection
– 64-Bit Unique ID for each device
– Discoverable Parameters (SFDP) Register
– 3X256-Bytes Security Registers with OTP locks
– Volatile & Non-volatile Status Register Bits